Total Pageviews

Friday, January 11, 2013

The Whole Truth and Nothing But the Truth

This past month has been quite the adventure.  Learning to stand on what I already believe has been challenging.   Do I believe God's Word is true? Absolutely  Do I believe that He has provided precious promises in His Word for us to stand on?  A resounding YES!   Do I believe that God loves us with an everlasting abandonment?  Again YES!  
Then why is it when I am faced with a trial that I begin to doubt the very things that I say that I believe?

When faced with a difficult circumstances we tend to think things like....Why God? Why Me? Where are You when I need You most?  I've learned that accusing God of something He has not done is a waste of time.   God does not throw us in the depths of painful circumstances.  There are many reasons that difficult things happen in our lives, but God is not one of them.   He is our redeemer, our savior, our help in time of need.  When under difficult pressures, we need to call upon His mercy and lovingkindness.  
Apostle Paul said in  Hebrews 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."  
When we face trials we are to run into the arms of our heavenly Father to receive what we need.  That's what the blood of Christ provided for us, an open to door to our Father.  He wants to help us.  Our job is to ask and believe.   Know who He is and what He has provided for you and then ask and stand believing.  
Look at Psalm 103 
"Bless the Lord, O my soul, 
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

This Psalm covers a lot of problems...sin, sickness, destruction and hunger.
And it encourages us NOT to forget God's benefits.   He gladly provides these for you.

You don't have to pray elaborate prayers for God to hear you.   Sometimes it only takes one word!

Quick testimony:  A few years ago my daughter and I were driving back from Buffalo, NY on I 90.  I was traveling behind a large flatbed semi tractor trailer.  It had a small load of wood beams on the back.  They were approx. 10 ft. long and cubed shaped 6X6 inches wide.   I remember the size because one of those beams came loose and fell off the truck.  We were driving about 65 miles an hour, so that beam came bounding towards us at an incredible speed and force.  I'll never forget it.  Like they say..."Everything seemed to move in slow motion."  The beam was bouncing end to end down the highway directly in our path.  We were driving a little Toyota hatch back at the time.   There wasn't much time to react.  I didn't know which way to swerve or if I should swerve at all.  The traffic was heavy that day.  I couldn't switch lanes.  Cars were on the side of me and behind me.   All I had time for was one shout!!  JESUS!!!   And upon screaming His name that beam fell flat to the ground swirled in circles to the side of the road.   PRAISE GOD! That was a miracle and I only had time to say His name.

So the encouragement I wish to leave you with today is this...God's Word is true despite our circumstances.  God wants to help us and He has promised that he would.  We just need to call on Him and believe that what He says he'll do...he'll do.   And that's the whole truth and nothing but the truth.





No comments:

Post a Comment