Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Through His Eyes


Recently I was chatting on-line with a friend of mine who stated that she was surprised that God was using her to teach children.  I responded, "God never allows our insecurities to change His mind about us. He thinks we can do anything!”  Another person later responded, "When I look at my own children or even the children we work with, I only see the potential within them. I wish my kids could see themselves through my eyes for just a few moments, and they'd never have insecurities again! That's how God sees us too!"
 That is absolutely true.  We can see the potential in our own children so easily, but they cannot see themselves through our eyes.  Sometimes they can only see what they think others see in them.  That's why it’s imperative that we communicate positively with them and encourage them.
The same is true in the Body of Christ. “Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing” (1 Thessalonians 5:11).  It is highly important that we encourage each other and build each other up as often as we can.  For some this is difficult to do because they don’t see themselves or others through God’s eyes.  They see themselves and others through critical eyes.  Often times people who’ve grown up with critical parents have a hard time seeing God as a loving father who thinks his kids are awesome.  If we change our perspective of how God looks at us, only then can we change our perspective on who we are. It will then be much easier to walk in the love of Christ towards others. 
How do we know what God thinks of us?   He shows us several times in His Word.  These are only a few scripture verses.  There are many more.


“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.”  Romans 8:37
"And God has raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus." Eph. 2:6
"We are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus." 2 Cor. 5:21
"He who began a good work in you will complete it." Phil 1:6
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us."  Eph. 3:20
"I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done,
and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father."  John 14:12
Wow!  God has a giant perspective of us.  He encourages us that He is right there beside us to help us on our journey.
So whenever you feel that you are nothing, go back to God’s Word and see yourself through His eyes.  The positive outlook that you gain from seeing yourself through God’s eyes will ultimately affect the people who surround you.
Here’s a little homework.  When you look in the mirror each day, say to yourself, “I’m the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.   My heavenly Father loves me.  I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.”  Immediately these words will cause your thoughts to change from an earthly perspective to a heavenly one.
When you start to believe the immeasurable love that God has for you, the incredible depth, height, and width of His love for you, you will then be able and thrillingly willingly do all the amazing plans He has for you.
Be encouraged!  He is for you, not against you. J

1 comment:

  1. He once said to me directly I want the very best for you. I think He knew I could believe for the best but the VERY best! Its changing how I perceive Him.

    ReplyDelete